Doctors For America 10-Year Anniversary National Leadership Conference
Friday, November 8 - Saturday, November 9, 2019
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
The conference will feature:
- “White Coats Boot Camp” half-day training programs (with special focus on gun violence and prescription drugs). Participation is limited. Training begins at 8:00 am - Friday November 8th. These are designed to build your advocacy and messaging skills.
- Keynotes and plenary sessions featuring luminaries in medicine, public health, public policy, social justice, and advocacy
- Medical trainee-focused organizing
- An opportunity to welcome our friends from NPA
- Confirmed Speakers: This list will be growing:
- Jonathan Cohn: Senior National Correspondent at The Huffington Post - Politics of Health Care for ALL and Our Democracy
- Kris Brown: President of Brady
Plenary Sessions and Workshops on topics from across public health, health equity, and social justice advocacy:
- Women’s reproductive health care and justice - the attack on women and the medical profession;
- Why Doctors MUST Organize: Building the Physician's Voice
- Prescription drug affordability - national and state efforts
- Gun Violence Prevention - national and state efforts
- Healthcare for ALL
- Substance Use Disorder
- Immigrant Health and Rights
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Physician Burnout, Patient Safety, and Strengthening the Physician Soul
- and much more
Other Workshops Include: Organizing and Building Physician Advocacy Power at the Local/State level, Sharing Your Story, Writing Op-Eds, Running for office, and White Coat-driven voter mobilization 2020
We will be updating this page with additional information on speakers, CME information, a full agenda, and other important information.
The conference hotel is Residence Inn Baltimore at The Johns Hopkins Medical Campus for 165 USD per night.
Book your room at the group rate ($165/night) for the National Leadership Conference. Note: You must book your room by October 7th be guaranteed this discount.