With the important and fast-paced changes happening in health reform policy and politics, we want to make sure doctors and medical students are well-informed and ready to bring our voices to the table. That's why we are sending out a biweekly update of policy news and what Doctors for America members are doing to advocate for a better health care system.
Click on the links to download past updates. Let us know if you have any feedback or contributions to add!
- August 24, 2011 [This week: Federal deficit Super Committee. Pre-existing condition plans. Exchange regulations. Bundled payment.]
- March 4, 2011 [This week: Public confusion. Lawsuit stayed. State innovation waivers. Federal budget.]
- January 21, 2011 [This week: House votes on repeal. More states joining lawsuit]
- January 7, 2011 [This week: Health reform repeal. Advanced Directives]
- December 23, 2010 [This week: A year in review. Looking to the year ahead.]
- April 1, 2010 [This week: Success for health care reform - next steps]
- March 2, 2010 [This week: The path forward for comprehensive health reform]
- February 19, 2010 [This week: Bipartisanship is the buzzword of the week in health reform]
- February 12, 2010 [This week: The President's bipartisan meeting, consideration of anti-trust legislation]
- February 5, 2010 [This week: Status of Reform Talks, Reconciliation, the President's Budget]
- January 15, 2010 [This week: The President rolls up his sleeve. State vs. national exchanges. Financing health reform.]
- January 7, 2010 [This week: Getting to a final bill. Medicare Pilots. "Meaningful use" of HIT.]
- December 10, 2009 [This week: Public option compromise. Insurance exchanges. Abortion amendment tabled in the Senate.]
- December 3, 2009 [This week: Senate CBO score. Independent Medicare Advisory Board. Excise Tax.]
- November 20, 2009 [This week: SGR repeal passes the House. Senate bill unveiled. Cost containment.]
- November 12, 2009 [This week: Health reform passes the House. Focus turns to the Senate.]
- November 5, 2009 [This week: House prepares to vote, GOP announces an alternative, Senate timeline questioned.]
- October 29, 2009 [This week: the House Bill Released, the Senate Bill and the Public Option, and Rural Health.]
- October 22, 2009 [This week: the Public Option, the SGR, and Insurance Industry Antitrust.]
- October 15, 2009 [This week: the Finance Committee Vote, Insurance Industry Attacks, and Defensive Medicine.]
- October 8, 2009 [This week: the Finance Bill's Cost Estimates, the Public Option, and New Bipartisan Support for Reform.]
- October 1, 2009 [This week: Public Option Votes in the Finance Committee, Affordability Provisions, and Physician Payment Admendments.]
- September 24, 2009 [This week: the Debate in the Finance Committee, New Patient Centered Medical Homes Initiatives, and Medical Liability.]
To submit content suggestions for these updates, please email us.
Doctors and medical students, to receive these weekly updates or to get involved in health reform, sign up to join Doctors for America.