Share the Facts on Ebola
Get up to speed on the basics:
- Symptoms consistent with Ebola
- Headache, muscle aches, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea
- People are not infectious until they develop symptoms.
- The time interval from infection to onset of symptoms is 2 to 21 days.
- Two suggested questions to ask a patient for whom you suspect Ebola:
- Have you been to West or Central African countries, in particular Sierra Leone, Guinea or Liberia, within the past three weeks?
- Have you been in contact with blood or any body fluids of someone known or suspected to have Ebola within the past three weeks?