Why Host a Anniversary Party?
The Anniversary parties are a simple and fun way to gather your friends, family, neighbors and colleagues to educate them about health reform, how they can get involved in moving health reform forward, and to get them to take action. It allows you to bring different people together to have a dialogue about what needs to happen with our health care system and how the group can collectively take action to improve the system for us and our patients.
Who should I invite?
Use the Party Host tools. You can access those using the link provided in the e-mail you received after signing up as a party host. You should invite your colleagues to join. You can invite your friends, neighbors, family, church members or anyone else in your network. The more people you reach out to the bigger the impact your house party will have. Also, if you made your party public, other physicians in your area may sign up to attend as well.
I’ve never hosted an event like this. What do I do?
No worries. We’re here to help you host a great party. Here are some instructions to get your started.
- Invite your friends and colleagues. Send everyone an e-mail, call and energize them to attend.
- Use the party host tools to invite your friends and check RSVPs.
- Make an agenda for the party. Click here for a sample agenda.
- Photocopy any materials you would like to handout.
- Purchase snacks or ask your attendees to bring an item.
- Send a reminder to your attendees a day or two before the party. Typically, expect around 50 percent of those that say they will come to show up.
- Provide a sign-in sheet. Let us know who attended at email@example.com.
- Welcome your guests and ask them to introduce themselves.
- Stay focused on the subject and agenda.
- Ask everyone to take action before they leave.
- Take pictures.
- Thank everyone for coming
- Send your guests a thank you note or e-mail for attending your house party. Remind them of any actions they agreed to take after the house party.
- Stay in contact with your house party guests.
- Let us know how it went and send us your pictures! Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.