Get California Covered
Contact Doctors for America California Volunteer Leaders
Carolyn Senger (State Director) Kenya Wheeler (Deputy State Director)
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of What's Happening October 1
- California will have its own insurance marketplace called Covered California.
- California is expanding Medicaid to all citizens and legal residents below 133% of the federal poverty level.
State Stats: 1 in 5 Californians has no health insurance
- State Population: 32.5 million
- Uninsured: 7.2 million (20% of the state)
- View more detailed Census Data by State, County, Income Level
- 5.2 million could be eligible starting October 1
- An estimated 2 million undocumented (not eligible for marketplace or Medicaid)
Download Materials to Educate Yourself and Others
- Coverage is Good Medicine - California Edition (Doctors for America)
- California Consumer Report (Consumer Reports)
- Health Plans:
- Covered California Health Plans Booklet (Covered California)
- Local Groups to Work With:
- Community health centers with federal grants to help people enroll (Covered California)
- Organizations funded to do outreach and enrollment activities: list by region, details (Covered California)
More materials to come!