Get Washington, DC Covered
Contact Doctors for America District of Columbia Volunteer Leader
Overview of What's Happening October 1
- Washington DC will have its own insurance marketplace called DC Health Link
- Washington DC is expanding Medicaid to all citizens and legal residents below 133% of the federal poverty level.
State Stats: 1 in 10 Washingtonians has no health insurance
- State Population: 504,000
- Uninsured: 43,000 (9% of the state)
- View more detailed Census Data by State, County, Income Level
- 5.2 million could be eligible starting October 1
- An estimated 2 million undocumented (not eligible for marketplace or Medicaid)
Download Materials to Educate Yourself and Others
- Coverage is Good Medicine - Washington DC Edition (Doctors for America)
- Washington DC Consumer Report (Consumer Reports)
More materials to come!