Get Florida Covered
Contact Doctors for America Florida Volunteer Leaders
Sujatha Prabhakaran,MD (State Director) Larry Floriani, MD - (Deputy Director)
Overview of What's Happening October 1
- Florida IS NOT expanding Medicaid to everyone below 133% of the federal poverty level.
- The Florida Marketplace will be run by the Federal Government at HealthCare.gov
State Stats: 1 in 4 Floridians has no health insurance
- State population: 19.3 million
- Uninsured: 3.9 million (25% of the state)
- View more detailed Census Data by State, County, Income Level
Download Materials to Educate Yourself and Others
- Power Point:
- Coverage is Good Medicine - Florida Edition (Doctors for America)
- Florida Consumer Report (Consumer Reports)
More materials to come!