Get North Carolina Covered
Contact Doctors for America North Carolina Volunteer Leaders
Eleanor Greene (Greensboro) Howard Eisenson (Durham)
Overview of What's Happening October 1
- North Carolina IS NOT expanding Medicaid to everyone below 133% of the federal poverty level.
- The North Carolina Marketplace will be run by the Federal Government at HealthCare.gov
State Stats: 1 in 5 North Carolinians has no health insurance
- State population: 8.1 million
- Uninsured: 1.5 million (19% of the state)
- View more detailed Census Data by State, County, Income Level
Download Materials to Educate Yourself and Others
- Coverage is Good Medicine - North Carolina edition (Doctors for America)
- North Carolina Consumer Report (Consumer Reports)
More Materials to come!