We have lots of tools and guides to help physicians and medical students be great advocates and organizers. Also take a look at our Upcoming Events and Health Reform materials you can use to educate yourself and your community and learn about how to organize and advocate!
Not sure what you need? The best way to start is to pick up the phone (202) 481-8219 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Download our educator's toolkit:
- PowerPoint Presentation on the Affordable Care Act
- Declaration of Support (we'll bring these on the Patients Over Politics Bus Tour)
- Latest Myths and Facts Sheet
- Latest Handout on Benefits of Reform
- Let's Talk slides (how to talk to audiences)
- Bio sheet (to give to prospective presentation hosts)
- Prep sheet (for giving talks)
RECORD YOUR ACTIONS
Help your state reach your education goals!
USE OUR EASY ONLINE ORGANIZING TOOLS
We can tailor each of these tools to specific state-level or local campaigns! Contact us for more details, and we'll talk you through how to build a strong campaign! Email email@example.com or call (202) 481-8219.
Live Tools for Everyday Advocacy and Organizing
- Host an Event: Host an event, invite friends, and track RSVP's
- Search for a Local Event: Look for a meeting, presentation, or other event near you!
- Letter to the Editor Tool: Pull up national and local newspapers and submit your letter directly.
- Call Congress Tool: Want to tell your Senators and Representative what you think? Use our tool to find the number to call!
- Request Form for a Physician / Medical Student Speaker: Fill out our request form to get a speaker. Or if you're a DFA member and ready to go educate, share the link with local organizations and potential speaker hosts!
More Tools for Organizers
- Petitions: Interested in starting a local petition? Contact us!
- Call State Legislators: We can create a state-specific calling tool for state legislators or for specific individuals.
- Blast Emails to Members in Your Area: Do you have an idea for an event or advocacy in your local area?
- GoToWebinar: Interested in hosting a webinar on health reform? We have a tool, so tell us your ideas!
- Social Media: Follow on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest tips and facts!
GUIDES TO ADVOCACY AND ORGANIZING
- Doctors for America - New Organizing Institute Organizer Guide (January, 2012)
- Activist Toolkit: Simple guides to actions.
- Tips on Engaging Local Media
- Doing a Physician Education Event
- Hosting a House Meeting
We're hosting a series of webinars on organizing, advocacy, and education - with topics like "How to Use Twitter" or "How to Set a Meeting Agenda with Fellow Volunteers" or "How Washington Works."
Prior Webinar Presentations:
- Building and Leading Teams for Impact
- Learn Media: Doing TV and Radio Interviews
- Go-To Webinar Participant Guide
- Here Comes Social Advocacy
- One-on-Ones and Asks
- Organizing and Mobilizing People to Action
Have a request for a future topic or have tips to share with the community? You know the drill - call or email us!