Clinical Training and Advocacy Resources for Gun Safety Interventions
DFA will host an intensive training for those interested in becoming advocacy leaders in their own institutions around safe firearm storage and extreme risk protection laws.
Attendees will learn:
- Basic Gun Violence Risk and Prevention Statistics
- Practical Info on Firearms & Safety Devices
- Safe Storage Practices 101
- Breakout Sessions on Safe Storage Counseling with Psychiatric, Pediatric, and Geriatric patients
- Extreme Risk Protection Orders (ERPO) 101
- Breakout Sessions on ERPO Counseling with Psychiatric, Domestic Violence, and Geriatric patients
- Understanding Laws/HIPAA
- How to Set up a Training: Pitfalls & Politics
- An Introduction to Violence Intervention Programs
- Resources and Advocacy Opportunities
You will be further inspired by our amazing Gun Violence Prevention Physician-advocates in this call to take action and become a leader in your own institution and community.
Arka Deb, MD, MPH, MPA