A recent tracking poll released by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that 55% of respondents said they are confused about the law and more than half (56%) say they don’t yet have enough information to understand how it will affect them personally. Thirty percent of seniors still believe that there a "death panels" in the new law.
At the same time, the New York Times reported that doctors are often the ones getting multiple questions about the health reform from their patients.Thus, while confusion is at a high, physicians are be perfectly suited as trusted messengers for education about the new health care reform and dispel some of the misconceptions. Here are several links to patient friendly materials about the bill that you can being to share in your office.
- DFA: How Does Health Reform Affect You?
- HCAN: What health reform will do for you
- AARP: Users Guide to Health Reform
- Consumer Reports: How you’d Shop for Insurance after Health-Care Reform, Will health care reform raise my taxes?
- AMA: How HCR Affects Patients
Resources for Seniors