Doctors for America mobilizes doctors and medical students to be leaders in putting patients over politics on the pressing issues of the day to improve the health of our patients, communities, and nation.
We envision a healthy America for everyone.
Our Guiding Principles
- Every person in America has a fundamental right to equitable, high-quality, and affordable health care.
- Everyone should have the opportunity to lead a healthy life.
- Every part of society should value and promote healthy families and communities.
- Doctors should take a leadership role in improving health care and ending health disparities.
Who We Are
We are 16,000 physicians and medical students in all 50 states. We practice and study in the largest cities and the smallest towns of America from New York City to Oklahoma City. We work in private practices, academic centers, community health centers, and government-run systems like the Veteran's Affairs and the Indian Health Service. We are in primary care and subspecialties. Some of us are just embarking on their medical careers and some have retired - most are somewhere in between. Some of us are deans of medical schools, nationally renowned health policy experts. Nearly all of us take care of patients. Many of us have never ventured into politics before, but driven by pragmatic idealism, we are bringing the voice of physicians to communities across the country and to the national stage.
What has brought us together is a desire to improve our health care system. We use the strength of our diverse backgrounds and common vision to build a robust and sustainable national movement and improve the health of the nation.
- We are bold and fearless.
- We are creative and flexible.
- We value everyone. Every voice matters.
- We cultivate strong relationships and a family spirit with partners and colleagues.
- We are open and honest.
- We are passionate.
- We are determined.
- We grow and learn and help others do the same.
- We have fun and celebrate!
- We ensure every action meets our highest standard: will it help create a healthier America for everyone?
What We've Done
- Doctors for America: Putting Patients Over Politics since 2009
- Doctors for America in the News
- Past Campaigns and Actions