Doctors for America is a national movement of more than 16,000 physicians and medical students in all 50 states working together to improve the health of the nation and to ensure that everyone has access to affordable, high quality health care.
We envision a fair, effective and affordable health care system — one fundamentally transformed and guided by the core values of doctors and our patients.
Doctors are critical to rebuilding our health care system. From the front lines of our health system, we use our stories and experiences — anchored in our relationships with patients — to improve the health care system for everyone.
Who We Are
We are 16,000 physicians and medical students in all 50 states. We practice and study in the largest cities and the smallest towns of America from New York City to Oklahoma City. We work in private practices, academic centers, community health centers, and government-run systems like the Veteran's Affairs and the Indian Health Service. We are in primary care and subspecialties. Some of us are just embarking on their medical careers and some have retired - most are somewhere in between. Some of us are deans of medical schools, nationally renowned health policy experts. Nearly all of us take care of patients. Many of us have never ventured into politics before, but driven by pragmatic idealism, we are bringing the voice of physicians to communities across the country and to the national stage.
What has brought us together is a desire to improve our health care system. We use the strength of our diverse backgrounds and common vision to build a robust and sustainable national movement and improve the health of the nation.
- We are bold and fearless.
- We are creative and flexible.
- We value everyone. Every voice matters.
- We cultivate strong relationships and a family spirit with partners and colleagues.
- We are open and honest.
- We are passionate.
- We are determined.
- We grow and learn and help others do the same.
- We have fun and celebrate!
- We ensure every action meets our highest standard: will it help create a healthier America for everyone?
What We've Done
- Doctors for America: Putting Patients Over Politics since 2009
- Doctors for America in the News
- Past Campaigns and Actions