Coverage is Good Medicine
Open Enrollment for 2014 coverage is over. But you may still have options to get health coverage:
Special Enrollment Period: Outside the Open Enrollment period, you can enroll in a private health plan through the Marketplace only if you qualify for a special enrollment period. Learn more.
Medicaid or CHIP: You may qualify for free or low-cost care through Medicaid based on income and family size. Some states have expanded Medicaid to cover more people. You can apply for and enroll in Medicaid or CHIP any time of year. There’s no limited enrollment period for either Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). If you qualify, your coverage can begin immediately. Learn more.
Webinars, Speakers, and FAQ's
Additional Materials on Enrollment
- Calculate Your Cost: Get Covered Calculator (Enroll America)
- What Plans Are In My Area?
- Pocket Card for Federal Marketplaces (HHS)
- Brochure: Consumer Report Credit Brochure (available for each state and in English/Spanish)
- Paper Application for Federally Facilitated Marketplaces
- Medicaid: Medicaid Enrollment: Your Guide for Engaging People Experiencing Homelessness (Health Care for the Homeless Coalition)
- Health Care Provider Organization ACA Enrollment Campaign Template
- Official Updates: HealthCare.gov (consumers) or Marketplace.cms.gov (advocates)
- Maps and Stats
- Where are the uninsured? (Enroll America)
- District-by-District Stats on the Impact of the ACA (U.S. House Committee on Energy and Commerce)
- Who are the uninsured? (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
Beyond Enrollment - General Affordable Care Act Information
- What Does Health Reform Mean for Physicians? (Doctors for America)
- Doctors for America ACA 101 powerpoint (Doctors for America)
- Myths and Facts on Health Reform (Doctors for America)
- Healthcare Reform & The ACA (Medscape)
- Health Care Reform: Health Insurance and the Affordable Care Act (WebMD)
- What Health Reform Means for Your Practice (Small Business Majority Webinar - 6/18/13)
Join the Race for Coverage
Partners in Your Community
- Enroll America: Contact us for local contacts at email@example.com.
- National Association of Community Health Centers: Find Your State Affiliate
- Community Health Centers that received ACA Outreach and Enrollment Grants: Find Your State Grantees
- Navigator Organizations: Federal Marketplace Navigators (Check with your state marketplace if yours is not federally facilitated.)
- For Patients: What if my state isn't expanding Medicaid?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved in our efforts to expand Medicaid in states that have not opted in yet.
Kaiser Family Foundation YouToons Explain the Marketplaces (6:53)
HHS Insurance Marketplace Introduction (1:54)
HHS Marketplace Enrollment Process (4:25)
Catholic Health Association (3:43)